|Job Title:||Senior QS/Estimator|
|Contact Name:||Alex Collins|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Our client is a leading provider of infrastructure support services to the Utility sector. They predominantly operate within the UK but have fast growing international presence.
Founded in 1990's, our client has grown organically and by acquisitions to achieve over £300 million turnover per annum. This has provided our client with the platform to become the leading provider of support services across its Supply Division and its Distribution Division. They work in partnership with many Public, Commercial and utility organisations.
Our client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Cabling & Civils team. Reporting to Commercial Manager for the successful delivery of a key contract framework plus other projects, supporting administrative functions by offering commercial input and ensuring that operational field staff have assistance with quotations and management of projects.
- Value completed works and ensure measurement compliance with SOR's.
- Manage supply chain costs.
- Compile Cost Value Reconciliations.
- Follow procedures for client work approval.
- Commercial and administrative involvement with Works Management System and other IT software.
- Manage data in Excel.
- Support and develop junior members of staff.
- Monitor budgets and track progress against annual plan.
- Provide innovative ideas and continuous improvements.
- Measurement of works on site.
- Post-audit of works commercially.
- Attend client progress meetings.
- Effective communication with various levels of personnel on the framework, internal and external.
- Provide cash-flow forecasts.
- Identify and notify compensation events.
- Working with the Procurement team on appointment of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying or other relevant profession
- RICS / CIOB or equivalent professional membership would be desirable
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with NEC / Framework contracts
- Schedule of rates experience
- Knowledge of cabling and civils work
- Previous experience in utilities sector
- Dispute resolution experience