Our client is a reputable global engineering and transportation consultancy, with large investment currently taking place within their rail business. As such, they are recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor will have operational lead/responsibility for product/project commercial activities within Rail Electrification, this role is focussed more so on the product side and will involve working with multiple clients.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage/Lead Project Commercial Activities.
- Responsible to the Senior Commercial Manager for all commercial activities pertaining to allocated projects.
- Establishment and maintenance of the appropriate project commercial controls to deliver the business objectives e.g.:
- Provide commercial support and advice to Project Managers.
- Work with the Bid Managers to apply commercial acumen to tendering activity.
- Management of the project full sub-contract cycle including preparation of flow down documentation, with the Procurement team and production of liability sheets.
- Preparation and reporting of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation and associated information for management review.
- Management of application and credit control processes ensuring positive cash flow.
- Management and avoidance of disputes.
- Identification and preparation of variations to contracts.
- Support the management of project risk.
- Commercial Management of the client as appropriate.
- Attendance of Project review meetings.
- Support the production of client and internal reports.
- Input into the development of team spirit and trustworthiness within the project team, Client and Subcontractors.
- Performance Management and continuous improvement of the commercial processes and controls within the business.
- Support tender pricing activities and T&C's analysis.
- Work in close conjunction with project managers, sales, procurement, finance, and engineering to achieve the business results.
- Develop profitable customer commercial relationships.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Appropriate and relevant experience and in depth knowledge of Commercial activities.
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction / commercial related subject. Preferably qualified CIOB or RICS accreditation (or working towards it).
- Experience in dealing with a variety of contract terms and conditions.
- Some tendering and estimating experience.
- Knowledge and previous use of accounting systems e.g. SAP/COINS and a willingness to be trained to use the available project specific functions to help project cost control.
- An understanding of the railway contracting environment.
- The ability to be a good team leader.
- Be self motivated.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
We look forward to recieving your applicaton.