|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a Global company who are forefront in planning, developing and executing projects with unique technical complexity or that are highly specialised. Working on projects that are recognised by their sheer size, innovation and use of the latest technologies.
Our client is looking for an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team. As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working on rail specific projects and major infrastructure projects with a contractor background.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the contractual management of subcontractors and sub consultants, providing commercial support for specific packages of work, including materials, direct labour and sub contract work. You will be reporting through the commercial procedures, that relate to suppliers and subcontractors. You will act as a primary contact to peers at all levels of the business internally and outside the business. To deliver projects within cost and time constraints and act as a primary interface to work package managers, key stakeholders and suppliers. You will have a high degree of commercial awareness and be able to work as part of a team.
Liaise closely with the procurement department on commercial matters to be included in subcontracts. Manage target cost changes in respect of compensation events and price adjustment provisions and prepare monthly payment applications. Assisting the Subcontracts Manager in commercial and financial aspects of contracts. Maintaining the procurement plan and associated commercial procedures relating to subcontractors and supplier.
- Educated to HND - HNC level or equivalent in a construction, commercials or related discipline. A low educational level combined with extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement.
- Degree Qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualifications (RICS, IACCM or similar).
- Experience of working NEC 3 contract.
- Experience working with National Contractors on large Civil Engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Good understanding of EU and UK legislative requirements affecting procurement.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to progress their career within a global organisation who strongly believes in the career development of their employees.
We look forward to receiving your application.