|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor - major contractor|
|Location:||South West London, London|
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum + car + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Currently recruiting for a client of ours who are a reputable global contractor, looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their well-established team. As the successful candidate, you will be working in our clients Ground Engineering Team working on major projects. This role will be project based so there is flexibility on location, in and around the South London / Surrey / Hampshire area.
Responsibilities as the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Ensure that the commercial performance of projects is monitored and reported, and business objectives are achieved.
- Protect our client's commercial position at all times, including evaluation, avoidance and / or mitigation of any potential commercial risks on projects and for the Ground Engineering business generally.
- Forecast and monitor all project performance
- Represent the company in contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained.
- Maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders, and be a key member of the management team.
The successful candidate will be a proven and experienced Quantity Surveyor, coming from a contractor background and have a strong civils (i.e. road) or piling background.
- Have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB or ICE.
- Have recent management/leadership development experience.
- Have significant commercial and management experience within the construction and piling industry.
- Have strong understanding of technical piling issues
- Have proven senior manager level experience with a piling contractor managing multi-site activity
- Have a proven track record of depth of experience in given field of commercial management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a solid organisation, where you will gain experience working on major UK projects and have the opportunity to progress within the organisation. This role would suit both, an already experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or an individual who is looking for the next step in their career, who is keen and ambitious to progress.