Senior Resource & Waste Management Consultant
Would you like to join our Resources and Waste team in London? You would be part of a progressive, enthusiastic and creative team working on multi-disciplinary and high profile projects of national importance in the UK, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Globally.
The role will primarily focus on the preparation of resource and waste management strategies, and the preparation of waste related environmental impact assessments for major developments in London, the UK and globally.
You would need to undertake and supervise technical work, manage specialist and multi-disciplinary project teams, and be responsible for quality and budget control. Client liaison, leading proposal preparation from inception to completion, and marketing my clients offering will also be important aspects of the role.
There will be travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods of international travel on assignments, when required.
Skills/Experience required for the role
* Excellent knowledge of UK and EU resource and waste policy and legislation including circular economy principles
* Strong technical and financial knowledge and experience of waste storage, collection, transport and treatment technologies (MRF, IVC, MBT, AD, WtE, pyrolysis and gasification etc)
* In-depth experience in developing resource and waste management strategies for local authorities and / or new development projects including knowledge of life-cycle assessment tools (e.g. WRATE)
* Good experience of waste auditing and preparation of environmental impact assessment of major development schemes
* Good presentation and report writing skills
* Excellent analytical skills will be required, in relation to waste technical and project management issues
* Excellent Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills
* A good honours and masters degree in a relevant subject such as environmental/civil engineering, chemical engineering, environmental sciences or similar
* Full membership of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management will be required
Desirable skills and knowledge
* Experience of waste planning, environmental permitting and waste procurement experience (PFI/PPP etc) including preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation
* Experience of working with International Financial Institutions (e.g. EBRD, EIB, World Bank etc)
* Experience of technical due diligence and lenders' technical advisor roles
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com