|Job Title:||Senior/Associate Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Carroll-Adams|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior/Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a leading energy and low carbon building design solution consultancy. Under private ownership for the last 6 years and already multi-award winning, they offer combined solutions in Energy efficient products, Sustainable Building Design, Energy Compliance, and energy procurement.
They are growing quickly and have ambitious growth plans. As a result, our client requires a dynamic and ambitious candidate to join their expanding team.
They are looking for individuals with a passion for sustainable energy and the desire to learn. You will have a good grounding in sustainable building design and M&E engineering to drive the company's growth plans. Our client offers the potential for you to develop your career further within this interesting and unique organisation.
- You must be a natural self-starter and good networker.
- You must adopt an entrepreneurial attitude and 'think outside the box' at all times.
- Undertake building services design (specifications and AutoCAD drawings), site meetings/inspections and utilities applications
- Undertake Feasibility Studies & Technical research reports
- Building modelling in IES & iSBEM & Heavacomp
- Support and undertake Energy Audits in line with company processes
- Update key technical documents/O&Ms/Preferred supplier schedules
- Produce accurate SAP/SBEM calculations
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified (Mechanical or Electrical bias) or equivalent
- Experience of commissioning mechanical systems and plant conditions surveys
- Solid experience in sustainable building design and M&E design engineering
- Experience and confidence using Autocad, IES, iSBEM, Hevacomp
- Experience of sustainable design including awareness of BREEAM and part L requirements
- Driving licence as role will involve regular travel
- Progressing your Chartership (CIBSE or IMECHE)
- Knowledge and/or experience of integration of renewable technologies, district heating solutions
- Knowledge of energy efficiency retrofit solutions and Energy Performance Contracts (EPC)
- Experience and education, large mixed use schemes, leisure and prime residential developments
- Google Sketch Up
- Hevacomp/IES or equivalent
- Understanding of BREEAM
- AutoCAD Revit/BIM
If you feel you can excel in this role, going beyond the above responsibilities, please get in contact with Alex Carroll-Adams at Allen & York for a confidential conversation.