Exciting opportunity for ambitious Town Planner / Senior Planner - Infrastructure Planning
About the role
Our client are currently have an opening for a planner /senior planner to join our busy Infrastructure Planning team in our London office. You will be engaged as professional planning practitioner based within a busy planning team working on a variety of infrastructure planning projects. Taking forward planning applications, planning appraisals, monitoring and development plan advice. Assisting with day-to-day responsibilities for running projects under the direction of a Director. Capable of taking responsibility for conduct of projects; liaison with clients and local planning authorities; third parties; other consultants and other planning stakeholders.
Working across a portfolio of Infrastructure projects, including transport, energy and community infrastructure, as well the opportunity to become involved in the Development Consent Order process for major projects.
- Day to day running of planning projects under direction of a Director.
- Client liaison and representation in client meetings and external meetings with local planning authorities and other stakeholders. Liaison with the public in connection with projects and consultation events.
- Responsible for a varied planning caseload including planning applications, planning appraisals, monitoring and strategic planning advice under the direction of a Director
- Provision of support to senior staff and assistance with developing strategy advice on a range of projects.
- Management of time and workload under direction of Director.
- Continuing professional development relating directly to projects and development of wider planning knowledge commensurate with role and experience.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge and securing a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of planning law.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Educated to degree level (alternative first degree to planning often an advantage) with appropriate professional qualification.
- Excellent and focussed report writing skills. Ability to develop arguments and to identify key concepts and contribute to strategy development.
- Ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and full appreciation of the commercial context of working in a busy consultancy.
- Professional attitude and dedication to career.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to express arguments succinctly and effectively directly and in writing.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop a career in a private sector planning consultancy.
- Experience of infrastructure planning and/or the DCO application process an advantage.
What's in it for you?
Our client are offering training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Please contact Mark on 01202 888986