Are you a senior Ecologist looking to join a rapidly growing environmental consultancy with offices providing National coverage to varied and interesting multidisciplinary projects? Senior applicants should have enthusiasm for developing and mentoring other staff, have technical experience in ecological impact assessment in the UK and ideally experience in assessment and mitigation for UK protected species of fauna.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Comfortable working within a team, or alone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage own time, and to mentor and motivate others.
- An honours degree in ecology or a closely related field.
- British fauna and flora identification skills (subject to grade).
- Knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and policy.
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Current and full, "clean" driving licence.
- Depending on experience and the role applying for, the following attributes are considered highly advantageous:
- CIEEM membership.
- Specialism in a field of ecology and at least one EPS survey licence (great crested newt, bats and / or dormouse).
- Advanced botanical identification skills.
- Experience with monitoring less experience members of the team.
- Demonstrable project management experience varying from small developments to large scale/multi-faceted schemes.
- An ability to critically review their own work and experience of reviewing others work, including ecological appraisals and protected species survey reports.
- PTS / CSCS card holder.
The role will primarily involve undertaking ecology related fieldwork at sites throughout the UK as required, reporting, managing the technical and financial performance of ecological projects and providing technical support to the wider ecology team.
In addition to the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing ecology teams in the UK, offering a competitive salary and reflective of experience as well as additional benefits.
Please speak to Amy James at Allen & York to discuss further.