|Job Title:||Senior/Principal Ecologist|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
A global multidisciplinary with nearly 100,000 employees globally now looks to strengthen the UK Ecology Team with either senior/principal ecologists in the Wimbledon or Croydon offices in South-East England.
The team currently comprises over 100 ecologists based across the UK and covers all freshwater, marine and terrestrial habitats; providing their clients with the full range of ecological services including specialist habitat and species surveys, impact assessment, advice on biodiversity mitigation, offsetting and enhancement, and management planning for biodiversity. They offer the opportunity to work across the UK on high profile, challenging and innovative projects, and as part of a forward looking, “can do” national Ecology Team.
- Working as part of the existing network of ecologists within the UK;
- Assisting with managing the technical and financial performance of ecological projects;
- Working independently and undertaking / planning all levels of protected species, botanical and habitat surveys including freshwater habitats;
- Managing teams of ecological surveyors in the field;
- Undertaking field surveys, analysis and evaluation of results, Ecological Impact Assessments, design and implementation of mitigation strategies including EPS licence applications;
- Liaising with internal project managers and clients to identify ecological requirements of new projects;
- Assisting in the winning, delivery and management of ecological/EIA projects;
- Building / maintaining client relationships;
- Mentoring junior ecologists
- Demonstrable track record in ecology consultancy including client and project management;
- Detailed knowledge of UK wildlife legislation, planning policy and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Great crested newt survey licence;
- Ecological watching brief and Ecology Clerk of Work experience;
- Experience of assisting with managing projects;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Comfortable working within a team, or alone;
- Good communication skills;
- UK Driving licence;
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the role, including occasional longer/and or unsociable hours, and to work away from home on occasions; and
- Ability to manage own time, and to mentor junior staff and motivate others.
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 Habitat surveys, protected species surveys
- N.B. The minimum requirements relate to a Consultant Ecologist position which is the minimum grade required for this position. A higher level of experience would be required in order to gain a Senior level role.
- Full Member of CIEEM, or eligible to qualify for this status
- Higher degree in a biological science or related discipline;
- Advanced botanical identification skills; and
- Holder of protected species survey (and mitigation licences).
You’ll find a highly competitive benefits package and the support to develop your career in an environment that fosters your talents and encourages new ideas. The consultancy will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of highly talented professionals on projects that impact our world for the better.
Amy James at ALLEN & YORK would be happy to discuss further if interested to hear more about the ecology opportunities outlined above.