Senior/Principal EIA Consultant - Manchester, Leeds or Helsby, Cheshire
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior / Principal EIA Consultant. Ideally you will be a high-calibre Senior or Principal environmental consultant looking to join a growing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management team. The location can be flexible and you can be based in Manchester, Leeds or Helsby, Cheshire.
My client is a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of commercial, energy, government, property, transport and utilities clients. The EIA teams are currently supporting clients on a range of NSIP and other major planning applications, public inquiries and the environmental management of projects before, during and after construction.
As a result of success over the past year my client is expanding and are looking for a talented professional, seeking an exciting career opportunity and a fulfilling lifestyle in one of the UK's Top 10 environmental companies.
The successful candidate is likely to have between 5 to 10 years' experience working on EIA projects and/or the environmental management of construction sites in the public or private sector preferably within consultancy.
The successful candidate will be working on high profile projects in the energy, rail, and residential sectors helping some of the UK's leading organisations to safeguard the environment for the future.
- Overseeing the co-ordination and production of EIAs and Environmental Management Plans.
- Writing detailed feasibility studies, environmental reviews and environmental statements.
- Assisting with production of proposals and tenders.
- Identification of environmental constraints - fieldwork and data collection.
- Site audits, inspections and environmental management input.
- Working with regulators and liaising with clients.
- Providing advice on environmental issues.
- Developing effective strategies, including budgetary inputs, project coordination and good communication.
- BSc degree level qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Preferably MSc qualified in Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Management or related subject.
- Associate or Full membership of IEMA.
- 5-10 years' previous experience working on EIA or environmental management projects.
- Working knowledge of UK legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Enthusiastic and well organised.
- Full UK driving licence.
For more information or to have an informal chat, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com