|Job Title:||Senior/Principal Engineer - Asset Inegrity & Performance|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is actively looking to recruit a Senior or Principal Engineer with a focus on diagnostics, performance assessment and long term energy production assessment of operational wind and solar projects.
This is both an engineering/analytical and customer-facing role, requiring experience in operational long-term energy assessments and strong customer focus and commercial abilities.
The main aspect of the role will be assessment of SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) and other operational wind / solar data and writing high quality reports for customers to enable them to understand and then optimise the performance of their assets. Members of the team will assist with training, skills and knowledge acquisition, which will be further developed while working on projects.
Strong attention to detail is required to ensure the high levels of quality expected by customers. However, this will be balanced with bringing projects in on budget. Therefore good judgement and decision making skills are required.
- Analysis of operational wind farm data to assess performance, diagnose faults and derive long-term production forecasts
- Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within the required timescale and budget
- Be regularly involved in checking the work of others to ensure that it complies with best practice techniques
- Approval of reports (depending on experience)
- Regular customer contact and providing an excellent customer-centric approach
- Proposal writing and winning new business
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced members of the team
- Occasional travel within in UK and Europe and of a short term nature e.g. site visits to inspect wind farms, turbines and measuring equipment and meet with operations and maintenance staff to discuss operational issues
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in engineering, physics, atmospheric science or mathematics field or related subject.
- Proven experience in operational renewables data analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Experience within the renewable energy industry, including knowledge of how wind turbines and or solar PV works
- Proven experience either in consultancy, operator or developer environment.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data.
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English.
- Good organisational and effective time management skills as you will be required to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment operating to tight timescales.
- Demonstrable ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Good communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports in English and interact with customers
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities
- Customer focus and business development experience
- Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques, e.g. Windfarmer.
- Knowledge of wind or solar long-term references
- Statistical knowledge of uncertainties
- Solar PV knowledge
- An interest in, and aptitude for, programming and databases (e.g. MATLAB, T-SQL, VBA)