Senior/Principal Engineer - Bristol - BS1 - Transportation
Salary - Circa £45,000
My client are currently looking for a dynamic and capable Senior or Principal Engineer to lead structures engineering technical input and projects at their Bristol office. If you wish to work for a leading design and infrastructure firm, where planning for the future through sustainable build is key and were working with some future projects that challenge your skills and determination sounds like an exciting prospect, then please read on.
Working as part of a small team within the Transportation business unit reporting to the Structures Technical Director, managing the delivery of highway and civil structure design for highways and transportation schemes.
Work closely with the Technical Director to develop the Civil Structures Team and capability within the Bristol office and more widely in the South West.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer with membership of a suitable institute
- Working knowledge of Highways England and/or Network Rail design standards for Civil Structures and Bridges.
- Working knowledge of Bridge design standards - Eurocodes for Structural design, and design software packages (Archie, SAM, Lusas, SuperSTRESS).
- Experience of inspection and assessment of highway structures.
- Ability to work closely with engineers from other disciplines and other construction professionals to optimise and develop bespoke, 'value for money' and innovative designs.
- Experience in the management and delivery of Design and Build Contracts working with Contractor.
- Experience in the management and delivery of structures design within large highways projects for Highways England and local authorities.
- Experience in the successful management and delivery of projects in accordance with company systems.
- Appreciation of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable construction practices.
- Knowledge of utilities provision, diversions and construction practices.
- Understanding of the health and safety legislation covering the construction industry.
- Ability to work alone on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a small team and work with Clients.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met.
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
If you are looking for a tremendous opportunity to work with a specialist design and architecture firm and possess a fierce determination to succeed and are happy to be rewarded with a competitive salary, a non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance cover, staff benefits scheme and two annual professional institution fees paid, then please highlight your interest by submitting your CV.