|Job Title:||Senior / Principal Hydraulic Modeller|
|Contact Name:||Jill Richmond|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
This really is an exciting new opportunity working with flood risk management specialists as a Senior or Principal Hydraulic Modeller. If you are looking for a new challenge then please contact me for more information or apply below.
A leading UK consultancy are looking for a Senior Hydraulic Modeller or Principal Hydraulic Modeller to join their Environment Team who deliver the full range of flood risk management services. They are looking for a motivated hydraulic modeller who has excellent skills and experience in ISIS / Flood Modeller Pro, Tuflow, and / or Infoworks ICM. You will be working on a wide variety of projects for a range of clients. This role will also allow you to help develop the business, prepare proposals and provide technical leadership.
You will ideally have
- a BSc or MSc in a relevant subject
- a strong background in flood risk and water management
- excellent experience in hydraulic modelling using ISIS / Flood Modeller Pro, Tuflow, and / or Infoworks ICM, and have experience applying them to complex hydraulic modelling projects as well as fluvial and surface water flood risk assessments
- experience mentoring and supervising team members
- project management experience and preparation of proposals
- Chartership of a recognised professional body (e.g. CIWEM or ICE)
It is desirable that you have experience in, or knowledge of
- GIS packages, e.g. Arc, MapInfo
- Coastal process modelling (MIKE21, Tuflow FV)
- Hydrologic analysis methods (FEH, ReFH, PDM)
- Flood risk assessments for development, specification and/or design of SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems)
The role is based in London / South East / South / South West / West Sussex
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 888 986.