|Job Title:||Senior/Principal Structural Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Senior/Principal Structural Engineer - Water
Reporting to the Principal Engineer you will take on a key role within the sector, providing leadership, technical advice and leading by example where appropriate, build and consolidate networks within the industry and promote and market all facets of our client’s services during interfaces with clients and colleagues in other sectors/offices.
You will manage selected projects (or parts of projects) meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets and provide input into the sector strategy and business plans as required.
- Leading structural design of projects and/or initiatives within the company
- Provide structural lead & direction to the team & take a proactive role in developing staff to their full potential,
- Lead by example & provide technical advice to project teams and contribute to achieve sector goals.
- Manage selected structural projects (or components of multidiscipline schemes), take responsibility for resource estimation, sub consultants, the production of analysis & design (incl. calcs, drawings & reports);
- Ensure the overall design complies with the quality, safety and project systems
- Liaise with the Project Manager & Client to advise structural progress, changes/modifications.
- Manage structural bids or provide input to multidisciplinary project bids;
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans.
- Carry out asset inspections, surveys and reports – throughout the UK;
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components and maximise repeat business.
- Gain a good understanding of your Client’s to build effective and enduring relationships.
- Comply with relevant H & S regulations & to promote a culture of awareness within the team.
- Relevant engineering degree and professional services or related engineering background preferred
- Chartered Engineer MIStructE or MICE (preferably both)
- Essential Experience:
- Experience in structural design particularly at the soil/structure interface including: civil engineering structures to water and energy sector, retention structures, foundations.
- Fully conversant with current structural Eurocodes (EC 0-3)
- UK Water Industry experience and desirably that in river/flood projects;
- Contractor Client D&C experience to provide entrepreneurial contractor sympathetic designs from team;
- Precast concrete project &/or design experience
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
- Capability with ROBOT, MasterSeries, TEDDS software (or sim) plus BIM project experience (e.g.REVIT).
- Desirable experience in at least one of the following: National grid specifications; River/flood defense engineering
- Project management; Confined space trained.
- Project BIM experience