Senior Planner / Principal Planner
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced senior level Town Planner to join an expanding town planning team in Birmingham. This client has a culture focused on encouraging personal and professional development and are looking for like minded individuals to join the team.
Working with a wide range of clients, across a varied portfolio of work including securing planning consents via applications and appeals, preparing planning policy submissions and delivering consultation and engagement. The goal is to guide clients through all complexities of the development management and planning policy processes, from pre-application and land promotion stages, to post-determination success, and through appeals and Judicial Reviews.
- You will be working on, managing and taking control of a range of medium to large projects, producing planning and development appraisals, application reports and submissions, and negotiating development schemes and section 106 legal agreements.
- You will be expected to work on written representations, informal hearings and inquiry appeal submissions and the submission of representations to development plans and planning policy.
- The role will involve developing and maintaining client relationships, assisting in winning new business, while engaging with the community of development proposals.
- Chartered Member of the RTPI or RICS (Planning and Development)
- Have approximately 2-6 years' post chartered experience, including private sector experience particularly in the preparation and submission of planning applications and appeals.
- An excellent knowledge of the English Planning System.
- An understanding of the development industry.
- A good track record of project delivery and working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with tight deadlines and strictly defined budgets.
- Must be able to successfully manage competing demands, be self-motivated and a team player.
- Will need to have excellent oral and written communication skills and be experienced in writing reports.
- Candidates with current local authority experience will be considered but will need to demonstrate previous private sector experience.
- The holding of a full UK driving licence would be advantageous
Interested? Get in touch...