Senior Social Consultant
Due to continued expansion a great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Social Consultant. You as the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the delivery of the social component of projects with international clients. This might include developing and implementing social baseline methods (including executing survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, innovative community and stakeholder engagement exercises etc.), assessments of social impacts, defining mitigation measures, determining permitting and regulatory compliance of proposed and/or existing operations, and assisting clients to meet the standards of international lenders.
- Leading the Social component of an ESDD exercise for lenders
- Developing methodologies for defining the social baseline (including executing survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, innovative community and stakeholder engagement exercises etc.)
- Conducting assessments of social impacts
- Defining mitigation measures
- Determining permitting and regulatory compliance of proposed and/or existing operations
- Assisting clients to meet the standards of international lenders
- Aiding corporate clients to design community investment and CSR policies
- Developing social management plans (e.g. RAPs, compensation plans, and community development plans)
- Delivering work through clearly written reports, and, as part of the project team, presentations to clients
- Task management, including coordination and financial management of surveys and local staff.
- Aid in compiling major proposals in a coordinating capacity
- Ideally have a post-graduate qualification related to social development. Candidates with a relevant under-graduate degree and a comprehensive level of practical experience will also be considered
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing social consulting projects, including budgeting and task management. For this role you should also have a robust understanding of international standards, with strong experience in ESIA and / or resettlement
- You must have international experience outside of UK including some experience in project assessment and evaluation against international standards, such as the IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, World Bank Safeguard Policies, and/or European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Performance Requirements
- You will also have experience with a range of social impact assessment, mitigation and management methodologies for ESIA, as well as a demonstrable specialism in one or more areas of the social discipline, e.g labour management, resettlement, influx, local content, community investment
- You will have good communication skills both verbal and written, including demonstrable experience with developing comprehensive written reports
- Competency in a second language, spoken including French, Russian, Spanish or Arabic, would be advantageous
- You will be required to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice, but will be UK based
This role will give you the opportunity to apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.