|Job Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is leading global engineering and technology services company. They are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team based in Poole.
Working with an establised and talented team, successful candidates will demonstrate capability in delivering enterprise grade software product and project based solutions.
Main development areas are enforcement systems such as congestion charging, low emission zones for cities, road tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems, aiming to make for more efficient 'smart cities' globally.
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Your oral and written communication skills will be strong, being at ease communicating with your team as well as presenting at an appropriate level to senior management when required
- Have senior engineer level experience in the entire project lifecycle, from working with product owners to elicit requirements all the way through to supporting the QA team during integration and system test
- Take ownership for the planning and delivery of significant elements of projects
- Exposure of working in an Agile environment, ability to work flexibly to meet challenging, customer driven deadlines
- Be able to contribute to the architecture and liaise with the architect on key decisions
- Demonstrate capability and experience of OO development across multiple assignments
- Be a strong advocate of architectural and design patterns and be able to give inspiring examples of appropriate use
- Demonstrate technical leadership in at least one system area (e.g. UI, database, internet protocols, business worker...)
- Java 7 and upwards
- Spring Framework
- JBoss EAP or a good understanding of a J2EE compliant application container which includes:
- JMS Messaging systems
- Cache Systems (Preferably Infinispan)
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Ant / Maven build tools
- RDBMS Systems (MSSQL and MySQL)
- ASP.NET / C# skills