The role is based in our Brighton office, however the possibility of working in our London office or splitting time between office-based and home-based work will be considered in certain cases.
Principal Solar Consultant £45.000-60.000
Location : Sussex
- Providing technical advice and written reports in relation to rooftop (residential and C&I) and ground-mounted PV technologies; reviewing civil, structural and electrical designs; contractual documentation; environmental and permitting documentation, grid connection agreements and conducting site assessments
- Reviewing and advising clients on EPC and O&M contracts, including review and drafting of technical specifications and identification of technical risk
- Leading on business development activities through liaison with a wide range of customers from PV developers to financial institutions, including writing technical proposals, meeting with clients and developing new services
- Providing oversight and Quality Assurance of reporting produced by other members of the team
- Following market trends, identifying prospects and delivering strategic and technical leadership within RINA's Renewables & Sustainability business unit
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within your team at Brighton HQ and with our other global offices, whilst mentoring junior staff and sharing knowledge within the organisation.
Qualifications & experience
- 5+ years' experience in the energy/infrastructure sector, including at least 5 years in the technical evaluation, project engineering, procurement or construction of PV plants, preferably with a consultancy, developer, or investor
- Strong practical knowledge, both technical and commercial, of how renewable energy assets are developed, constructed, operated and financed
- Knowledge of multiple technologies would be beneficial: including specialist knowledge of rooftop PV and experience in other clean technologies such as wind, energy storage, bioenergy and energy efficiency
- A degree in an engineering or a related technical field is advantageous; an appreciation of project finance is also beneficial
- Fluent in English with an ability to write concise reports in English and present to external stakeholders
- Fluency in other languages is desirable (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic)
- Knowledge of engineering regulations, international standards and certification body requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the solar market and future prospects/trends in the renewables sector
- Good organisational skills, IT skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office package
You'll need to be a highly professional individual driven to deliver technical excellence; an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach. As an exceptional communicator, you'll have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You'll thrive on customer engagement, able to understand their needs and build lasting relationships. You will possess excellent time management and organisational skills, take pride in your work and take satisfaction from using your initiative, taking accountability and leading teams on complex assignments.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact Jack Bill at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986