|Job Title:||Senior Structural Engineer - Rail Property|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Pension + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Senior Structural Engineer - Rail Property
ALLEn & YORK are currently working with one of our long standing clients who is a leading global consultancy. Our client are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to work on the Rail Property team to be based in the Birmingham office.
This is a key role within the rail team to deliver design work, technical advice and leading small teams of graduates and technicians where appropriate. To manage projects (or components of projects) meeting budgetary, quality, safety and timeframe targets, while exceeding client expectations.
Position Description for Senior Structural Engineer
Reporting to the Team Leader within the Rail Stations Design Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of Structural designs within a rail environment.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our client's services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
They will be looking for the candidate to develop into the role and responsibilities of a CRE as part of their development in this position.
You will have:
- Relevant engineering Civil or Structural Engineering degree in or related engineering background preferred
- Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE)
- Post-graduate qualifications an advantage
Previous experience will include:
- Considerable post-graduate experience, including delivering aspects of a project of significant scale, application of standards
- Rail experience for this role is essential with a bias/ focus on rail stations / platforms/ footbridge design
- Experience of delivering Design and Build projects is desirable
- Steel design experience is essential
- Experience in team leading coupled with good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- You will be passionate about engineering excellence and demonstrate a track record of mentoring graduates
- You will possess a desire to grasp new business opportunities, such as BIM, and utilise modern computer techniques in your day-to-day work
- Hands-on design experience and use of industry software
In return you will receive a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working environment, attention to development and a competitive remuneration package. You will have endless opportunities for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.