Sustainability Senior Consultant
Salary £45,000 - £55,000
Allen & York are currently working for an international consultancy where an opening has arisen for a senior level consultant working primarily within the area of sustainability services. You will be an enthusiastic advocate for the service line and keen to assist clients' in developing meaningful sustainability programmes.
A background in the sustainability field is essential, along with an aptitude for business development.
Key work areas of the Sustainability Senior Consultant will include:
Corporate Sustainability Reporting & Strategy
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory services - assisting in the establishment, development and assurance/verification of client GHG inventories for corporate and project reporting.
- Sustainability Corporate Reporting services - collating data and project information to support client sustainability corporate reporting exercises. This may include using existing frameworks such as Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and financial related reporting frameworks such as FTSE4Good and DJSI.
- Sustainability Strategy - support in the development of bespoke sustainability strategy exercises for client organisations including the creation of policies, procedures and implementation plans.
- Sustainability in the Built Environment
- BREEAM, LEED and Code for Sustainable Homes - support the sustainability assessors in the application of assessments on new developments.
- Sustainability Planning Application support - research local planning considerations in terms of policy and planning conditions and contribute to the creation of bespoke sustainability statements for new developments, which may include energy strategies.
- Business Development
- Taking a lead role in the business development of key client relationships and working with senior colleagues to introduce sustainability services to new clients.
- Marketing materials - developing marketing materials outlining the service offerings and case studies in the form of e-brochures, power point presentations and electronic product awareness flyers.
- Identification of appropriate business tender opportunities, drawing together colleagues into tender teams and the construction of suitable tender return documents.
- In addition the role may include providing internal support to ensure the implementation of the London Office Environmental Management System.
Skills and Expertise
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Understanding of current and proposed legislation and industry best practice with regards to sustainability, energy and carbon management.
- Ability to research subjects, understand product/services and how it could be applied to a project.
- Ability to take a high level initial project brief and convert it into a meaningful and successful piece of work.
- Capable of effectively communicating to clients and other members of the business to articulate the sustainability, energy and carbon services in a confident and professional manner.
- Accurately input data into software programs, analyse this data and draw informative conclusions.
- Organised and be able to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision.
- Numerically competent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Strong team member.
Education & Qualifications
- Appropriate degree in sustainability, environmental, building services/engineering, geo-environmental discipline or other related discipline.
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Membership of a related professional institution e.g. IEMA, etc.
- BREEAM, LEED or Code for Sustainable Homes assessor qualification (desirable)
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Full clean driving licence.
We look forward to receiving your application.