Senior Technician - Monitoring Technology
The Senior Technician will be responsible for the electro-mechanical site maintenance, facilities maintenance, test, calibration, servicing of in-house test equipment, fault finding and inspection and refurbishment of the business product range.
- Assist Service Manager in testing, calibration and servicing/refurbishment of rental equipment or warranty return from the field
- Completion of all relevant documentation to required standards
- Ensure general housekeeping is routinely carried out using 5S principles
- Working to schedule to ensure timely delivery
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in CPD (continuing professional development)
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing any other tasks and responsibilities in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain product and company reputation by ensuring compliance to relevant standards and regulations
- To manage the warehouse and the Supply Chain function as it pertains to this area. To manage and deputise for the Warehouse Controller.
- To manage the critical, routine and planned maintenance of the infrastructure (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) and the test equipment (legal requirement) or co-ordinate 3rd party maintenance.
- To deputise for Test Centre and service tech personnel
- To aid with Service related investigations/electro-mechanical work
- To co-ordinate H&S and Quality data and deputise for the Site Representative
- Strictly manage PTW, JSA, RAMS for all works being carried out in the production area
- Support/conduct RCCA with Technology and Production
- To undertake management of production and calibration of standard equipment (assuming the technology team have released the equipment to production following an NPI or product improvement implementation.
- To support the system engineers during SIT
Skills & Expertise
- Technical qualification: minimum of BTEC National Certificate or NVQ Level 3 in electrical/electronic engineering or Electrical Installation 17th Edition or equivalent.
- NEBOSH/IOSH certification desirable
- Basic knowledge of ERP/MRP desirable.
- Experience of both Electronic and Mechanical assembly and testing.
- Able to fault find down to component level.
- Preferably has experience in using Oscilloscopes and other complex TE.
- Preferably has experience in the calibration, testing and servicing of electrical/electronic equipment within a commercial project environment.
- Able to understand circuit diagrams, mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Experience of troubleshooting at system level.
- Experience of quality management through self-inspection; experience of working to ISO 9001 desirable.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in the work place
- Issuance & control of
- Permit To Work (PTW)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/Tool Box Talks (TBT)
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA)