|Job Title:||Senior Temporary Works Coordinator - Rail|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is a leading global civil engineering contractor and currently working on a prestigious project within the rail sector.
As the STWC you will be responsible for ensuring that the Temporary Works Management Plan is implemented and have the appropriate authority to perform the role effectively; this will include authority to stop work if it is not being carried out satisfactorily.
Key Responsibilities of the STWC
The role and responsibilities of the STWC include but are not limited to the following:
• being the first point of contact between the designers of Temporary Works and the site team
• co-ordination of all Temporary Works activities;
• developing the procedures for the control of Temporary Works and ensuring they are implemented on site;
• ensuring that a design brief is prepared (with appropriate consultation), is adequate and is in accordance with the actual site requirements (design brief is prepared by the construction team and reviewed / approved by the TWC);
• maintaining all records relating to the final design of the Temporary Works including drawings, calculations and other relevant documents;
• ensuring that those responsible for constructing the Temporary Works receive full details of the design, including any limitations and guidance notes associated with it and prepare a specific method statement;
• not permitting erection to continue beyond any critical stage until construction is of the required standard;
• permitting the loading of Temporary Works and ensuring compliance with the loading method statement (delegated to TWS and verified by the TWC);
• ensuring that maintenance of the Temporary Works is done (delegated to construction team);
• Ensure that the Temporary Works team members are conversant with policies, plans and procedures
• Support all team members in their efforts to improve health, safety and environmental protection in line with targets.
Previous Experience and Qualifications
• Educated to HND-HNC level or equivalent in a construction, railway or related discipline
• Be a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer (or similar) - Desirable
• Demonstrating at least 5 years' experience in projects encompassing similar temporary works schemes (type, size, complexity and environment)
• Have successfully completed a recognised TWC training course within the last 5 years
• Strong communication skills in English (oral and written)
• Confidence in applying authority including authority to stop the work if it is not being carried out satisfactorily
• Appropriate CSCS card type and level
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working on a London Underground project and / or Tunnelling project experience. This is not essential but it is essential that the successful candidate will have experience of working on major rail projects.
Our client is offering a very competitive basic salary + travel allowance + other great benefits (including private health care).
If you are keen to hear about this opportunity and to work for a leading global organisation on one of London's prestigious projects, please get in contact for a confidential chat.