Senior Town Planner - London
£35,000 - £45,000 (+ benefits)
Large multi-disciplinary consultancy looking for a Senior Planner to join a rapidly expanding Planning Team in London City Centre.
Working on some highly exciting, complex projects, has led the successful London team to look for an enthusiastic Senior Planner to support this expansion, with exciting career opportunities, including a clear path to Partner level.
You will be joining a successful team to work and lead on a broad range of exciting and challenging planning projects including 5-year housing land supply applications, town centre land regeneration schemes, dry and wet leisure centres, racquet clubs as well as residential lead urban extensions.
You will be preferably RTPI qualified and have experience of managing projects across a wide range of sectors. Perfectly suited to someone at Senior level in a smaller firm, or a more Junior Planner looking for that next step.
Latest projects include:
- A new private members club and restaurants in Mayfair to large, mixed use regeneration schemes in the wider London area.
- The reconfiguration of an existing building next to Paddington station – commercial building with retail under and offices over
- High-end listed building opposite Kensington Palace gardens – liaison with Crown Estates and Embassy.
- Tender for planning permission on a well-known building in the City centre.
Working as a key member of the team your day will see you:
- Building external working relationships to extend the established client base
- Taking job enquiries and undertaking site assessments
- Preparing and submitting applications
- Interacting with Planning Officers at Local Planning Authorities pre and post application submission.
- Preparing Planning Statements and other documents required to support applications.
- Development Plan process, legislation and considerations
- Working on written representations, appeals, informal hearings and public inquiries.
The successful candidate will have the following qualification, skills and experience:
- A degree in Planning which is accredited by the RTPI
- Report writing skills and excellent business English with good attention to detail