Principal and Senior Planners
A career-defining opportunity to contribute to one of Europe's largest and most dynamic regeneration programmes. We are looking for ambitious and experienced planning officers to the planning team who will be responsible for bringing this exciting regeneration project through its key stages of delivery.
The approved development will provide:
- A new town centre comprising retail and leisure uses and a new office quarter with 4million square feet of office space;
- 7,500 new homes and approximately 20,000 new jobs;
- Doubling in size of the existing Shopping
- A new Thameslink railway station and associated new public plazas and public realm;
- Extensive changes to the highway, cycle and pedestrian network
- New and refurbished public parks
- Expanded primary and secondary schools;
- Replacement waste handling and rail freight facilities.
Your responsibilities as Senior or Principal Town Planner
You will be responsible for a full range of applications associated with the development including:
- Providing pre-application advice to developers, coordinating and processing planning applications, reserved matters applications, section 73 applications, section 96a applications, discharge of conditions and other relevant applications associated with the development;
- Negotiating and securing Section 106 planning obligations and instruct, coordinate and lead on associated legal processes;
- Providing planning input and giving evidence at Public Inquiry required for Compulsory Purchase Orders;
- Carrying out a broad range of work to assist service delivery including coordinating the registration of new applications, review and appraise technical reports, plans and planning documents associated with planning submissions for the project;
- Prepare accurate and timely officer delegated reports and committee reports for planning and other Council committees, and briefing papers to Councillors and members of the public.
What you will need to be considered for the role of Senior or Principal Town Planner
You will be an innovative, proactive and solution focussed town planner who works with developers to craft the best development and have a proven track record and experience of dealing with and assessing a range of major planning applications. In addition, you will need:
- To be competent and confident to lead negotiations with developers and stakeholders, influence and shape development proposals, communicate clear advice and achieve effective outcomes;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of development management procedures, planning policy, and experience of investigating, analysing, recommending and presenting solutions to planning problems to make quality planning decisions;
- Knowledge of urban design principles and ability to assess design proposals;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of London or metropolitan/regional and local government planning issues, policy trends and development/legal processes.
Get in touch straight away to be a part of this once in a lifetime opportunity
Sarah Kerr - planning & Built Environment Team Leader
email@example.com; 01202 888 986