On behalf of our client, we are seeking to appoint a General Manager / Senior Transport Manager to join a National shipping company. The General Manager will support the growth and development of the transport business, based at the North West site.
The role will involve management of the transport planning function for the business, including the control of the drivers. The North West site has around 50 trucks, 45 employees including drivers as well as, planning and management. The business is part of one of the largest pallet networks, moving around 30,000 pallets per annum within the region.
- Responsible for budget performance.
- Responsible for all staff and staff motivation.
- Responsible for Operational performance of site.
- Responsible for Financial performance including Credit Control of site. Responsible for keeping up to date with new and impending transport and employment legislation and ensuring compliance.
- Responsible for the full implementation of the Stratum system across all activities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures to address current or future business issues arising in site or relevant other sites.
- Responsible for scheduling and chairing monthly business meetings and insuring accurate minutes are taken and distributed as appropriate.
- Responsible for Health & Safety of site.
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of all business procedures on site.
- Responsible for developing quality relationships with Management to ensure all advantageous synergy opportunities are maximised.
- Responsible for keeping Group MD appraised of all relevant issues.
- Responsible for site Engineering activities.
- Group Managing Director
- Group Commercial Manager
- Operations Director
- General Managers
- Group SHEQ & HR Manager
- Shipping Companies
- Key Haulage Sub-Contractors
- Close communication with maintenance & compliance functions AT HQ is required to ensure all current transport legislation is adhered to.
Work experience requirements:
- 5 or more years experience in General or Transport/ Logistics Management.
- Experience of introducing new IT systems and managing change.
- Experienced motivator of people.
- Experienced in delivering results in line with budget guidelines.
- Understanding and interpretation of management accounts.
- Transportation/Logistics background.
- The individual will also need to be a strong administrator and highly computer literate.
We look forward to receiving your application.