Senior Transport Planner - Manchester
- Prepare and review Transport Assessments;
- Undertake traffic flow analysis and junction modelling;
- Prepare Travel Plans with good knowledge of delivery and monitoring practices;
- Preliminary highway design;
- Transport inputs into Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Project management including financial management and client liaison;
- Negotiations with local planning and highway authorities;
- Traffic data collection, analysis and presentation;
- Assist in the preparation of evidence for public inquiries.
- Understanding of planning and transport policy and guidance as applied to development proposals;
- Knowledge of the relevant highway standards, including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual for Streets is essential;
- 3 to 5 years experience in development planning, within a transport planning context in a consultancy environment.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications; degree qualified in a relevant planning, engineering or geography discipline
- An MSc qualification in transport planning is desirable
- Working towards professional qualifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to generate and apply ideas
- Ability to develop innovative and value solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with limited supervision
- A good self-manager of time and work
- Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience of transport modelling software (Junctions 8, Transyt, Linsig etc) and design desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Our clients operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables them to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, they encourage and foster the growth of their employees. When joining the company, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. They want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, our client wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.