|Job Title:||Senior Transport Planner|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, Warwickshire - Royal Leamington Spa|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Opportunity to join an existing successful Transport Planning team based on a significant increase in demand for its highway engineering services. The workload is extremely varied covering all aspects of the transport agenda. We are looking for a dynamic team player to fit within its existing management structure to support the development of the Transport and Highway Engineering arm of the business and help manage a developing and enthusiastic team. Key private and public sector clients include organisations such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes and Communities Agency, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers.
- Management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and use of ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG;
- Highway design;
- Network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models;
- Sustainable transport projects;
- Development control and regeneration projects;
- Preparation of Environmental Statements
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline.
- You will have around 5 years’ experience in transport planning or a related discipline to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully.
- You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status
- You must have a full driving licence.
The work undertaken by the team is extremely varied and therefore candidates with either a range of skills and experience or particular specialisms will be considered Experience in most/all of the following is essential:
- Management of small to medium sized projects;
- Technical knowledge of the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs;
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, including junction modelling;
- Preparation of fee proposals;
- Experience in S106, S38 and S278 agreements; and
- Knowledge of appropriate standards (DMRB etc.), NRSWA and other traffic management issues;
- Knowledge of preparation of specifications and contract documents