Senior Transport Planner – Development
Are you interested in working on a number of complex and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding, including securing consent for some of the UK’s largest residential and mixed use developments: NW Bicester Eco development and Northstowe new town, together with Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects. We work for a wide variety of national and local clients in both the private and public sector carrying out Transport Assessments, Travel Planning, Traffic Management Plans and Environmental Impact Studies to gain consent for schemes. During this time, we have been engaged on the transportation and impact aspects of Education, Health, Residential, Energy and Community Development schemes and Infrastructure proposals, delivering innovative solutions to transportation issues.
You will have the ability to manage projects for small developments as well as work as part of a team on more complex commissions. You need to have some experience in transport planning for developments and an understanding of the requirements for transport assessments, travel plans and environmental statements. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
- Undertaking site surveys, data analysis and baseline reviews
- Producing and contributing towards transport assessments and travel plans for a wide range of developments
- Undertaking or commissioning junction modelling as part of transport assessments
- Providing inputs to multi-disciplinary studies and environmental assessments
- Supporting in meetings with clients and stakeholders as well as working with other disciplines and consultants on projects
- Degree or equivalent in Geography, Planning or related subject (Masters’ Degree desirable)
- Chartered or working towards Chartership of a relevant professional body (CILT, TPP etc.)
- Delivery focussed
- Ability to work independently and in the team
- Enthusiasm to be part of growing the business
- Travel Flexibility
- Working in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment