|Job Title:||Senior Transport Planner- Traffic Modeller|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Senior Transport Planner- Traffic Modeller
London or Guilford
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm who have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's and indeed the world's most prestigious and challenging projects within their successful and growing Transport Planning Team as they continue to strengthen their offering throughout the UK.
The Transport Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. The current client portfolio includes Transport for Scotland, the Highways Agency, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom they undertake the planning, design and supervision of civil engineering and transport solutions to exceed client's requirements.
Owing to recent contract awards, our client is now looking to recruit a high calibre individual to be based within the London or Guildford transportation team working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities of a Senior Transport Planner:
Reporting to the Principal Transport Planner, you will provide technical support into technically challenging traffic / highways schemes.
As our client operates in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other disciplines and could well have the opportunity to work on overseas projects, research projects and innovative, technically challenging work.
You will be offered personal development opportunities which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of the role of Senior Transport Planner
- Assisting with analyses relating to transport planning projects including database, spread sheet and proprietary modelling coding and interrogation
- Preparation of technical reports and presentations relating to the project as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Presenting lessons learned and best practice to peers and wider professional audience
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Liaising with the Project Director / Manager and the client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project
- Assisting in the resolution of complex technical issues
- Working to make sure that the traffic modelling component of the project comes within budget and deadline
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with Project Managers, assisting with team development
- Being familiar with and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Document management, including technical note and report registers
- You will have solid work experience on undertaking traffic modelling within the UK, in particular assignment modelling.
- Educated to Degree level e.g. BEng/BSc Civil Engineering)
- Post-graduate qualification in Transportation
- Proven experience of modelling using SATURN, VISUM or the like
- Understanding of GIS applications, databases and spreadsheet programs, preferably with some knowledge of VBA programming
- Knowledge of UK transport policies, organisation and governance
- Experience of writing and presenting technical reports and liaising with Clients
- Experience of working on traffic models for organisations such as Highways England, County Councils, TfL, Transport for Scotland would be highly desireable
- Economic appraisal experience (TUBA, COBA-LT, QUADRO)
- Project management experience
Interested Get in touch;
If the role of Senior Transport Planner is of interest to you, please get in touch straight away to discuss in more detail;
Sarah Kerr Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.