Senior Water Engineer
Are you looking to work for a global consultancy who work on a range of exciting projects? A great opportunity has arisen due to team expansion within Edinburgh for a water engineer to work as a Project Manager and a key client contact with an emphasis on project delivery. You will work on the design and management of a range of flood alleviation schemes looking at managing surface and ground waters, and fluvial flood risk from inception to construction:
- Managing the delivery of hydraulic modelling to inform the design process
- Working on SUDS and drainage strategies for new developments
- Producing PAR for approval from the EA
- Developing Cost Benefit analysis
The successful engineer will help the company to improve and expand their water service offering, manage a range of projects, build relationships with clients, ensure the completion of project work to a high standard and build and maintain relationships with the wider business by participating in initiatives as required.
You will have excellent technical skills relating to the delivery of engineering solutions to flooding issues, design of drainage and hydraulic modelling processes. In addition you should have excellent knowledge of:
- Local flood risk strategies
- Requirements of flood acts and National planning and Water Policy
- Strategic flood risk assessments
- Surface water management plans
- Strong project management skills
- Commercial awareness and the ability to financially manage complex projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me: Jill Richmond: 01202 888 986.