Senior Technician - Water
As part of a joint venture our client are working on the AMP5 and AMP6 Treatment frameworks for a major water utilities company. This award winning JV team provide asset management and engineering solutions.
The JV have been engaged on these frameworks from 2010 and have been re-appointed through to at least 2020. As the AMP6 workload increases we require a Senior Technician to join the design team based in North England.
Outline of role
Support the delivery of a wide variety of projects, producing 3D models using REVIT software, within a multidisciplinary design team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support.
* Produce REVIT 3D Models and CAD drawings in accordance with EN and BS ensuring all outputs are subject to appropriate quality checks
* Support and help to improve the QA systems
* Work with the Lead Engineers to develop improvement ideas and drive efficiencies
* Provide design development support to design teams
* Undertake site survey work, gathering data and information as required
* Analyse surveys and reports
* Assist the project team in the preparation and collation of schedules, reports and survey data
* Prepare calculations using agreed formulae and design criteria
* Maintain databases
* Represent Project Teams at Site meetings
* Liaise with 3rd parties on-behalf of project teams as required; i.e. land agents, utility companies, local councils
* Liaise with sub-contractors as required
* Deal with / respond to customer / 3rd party enquiries
Experience of CAD and 3D modelling in the water industry
* Enthusiastic and ambitious
* Good interpersonal skills
* Commitment to delivering quality product
* Able to project a professional image
* Genuine interest in water related projects
* Able to adopt a flexible approach and learn from experience
* Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
* Take responsibility for personal development
* Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
* Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
* Able to take direction from others
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986