The successful candidate will be adept at working as part of a team on a portfolio of projects, both supporting and enhancing existing applications as well as creating new ones, particularly for the Air Quality Practice.
- Experience of building websites with interactive maps, and handling geographic data – must be familiar with at least two of the following: Google Maps, Leaflet, GeoServer, ArcGIS
- Extensive experience building PHP software and web applications in a commercial environment
- Using versioning systems (Git), task, test and release management tools
- Working collaboratively with software and non-software professionals using agile development processes
- Open Layers, Web Map Service, Web Feature Service
- Website accessibility and usability standards
- Designing MySQL and/or PostGres databases and writing scalable and secure code to handle large data sets
- Drupal, SilverStripe, Perch
- R, R Shiny, Perl
- XML, Schematron, RDF, XPath, XSLT
- Mentoring or training experience
- Commercial product development
- Environmental knowledge (e.g. in air quality, energy, water, transport or resource management)
Contact Vildan Cifci on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!