Our client is a global consultancy providing engineering and consultancy services for energy marine and transportation.
They are looking for a talented Wind Analyst to support an increasing client and project portfolio. As part of our fast-growing renewables advisory team you'll support clients through the development and financing of wind farms and analyse operational projects around the world.
They are working on a wide variety of tasks to deliver our expert technical advisory services to onshore and offshore wind farm developers, lenders, owners and much more.
You will have the opportunity to work on any one of our international projects. Day to day you'll be supported by an internationally diverse group of colleagues and potentially find yourself hopping on a plane to Europe for a site visit, inspection or meeting, no two days are the same!
This team are exceptional, exceeding customer expectations is the norm and after a hard week going the extra mile have an ethos of work hard play hard
As a Wind Analyst you'll be encouraged to use your creative flair, be creative in your work and develop, test and deliver new solutions to our clients.
- You'll be ahead of industry best practice, with a solution-focussed attitude and an appreciation of the economics of wind energy development to be successful in this role.
- You'll need to have a willingness to travel to meetings, work around the UK and at our other offices when needed. In return we offer variety, opportunity and development opportunities including working cross discipline: solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, biomass. Day to day you'll be responsible for many elements of technical assessments including:
- Mapping and GIS
- Analysis of meteorological data (masts, SoDAR, LiDAR) and operational wind turbine data
- Developing, implementing and managing data collection systems
- Computational modelling
- Research and development of new tools and client solutions
- Site inspections in the UK, and abroad on occasion
- Proposal and report writing
- Quality assurance for wind yield and associated deliverables
- 4+ years of experience in the wind industry
- Experience with one or more of: WindPRO, Windographer, WindFarmer, WAsP, Openwind, Global Mapper
- A Degree in Engineering / Physics / Maths / Meteorology / Oceanography or related subject would be desirable
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of wind turbine performance analysis and detailed operational assessment
- Familiarity with SoDAR and LiDAR and a track record of analysis would be an advantage
- Programming skills in Python, VBA, Matlab, Fortran, C would be favoured
- Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc. would be very useful
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- You'll need to be a highly professional and aspirational analyst with a strong interest in the renewable energy sector, whilst being driven to deliver technical excellence.
- You'll be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach.
- You'll be keen to develop your skills taking this opportunity to progress in a fast-growing specialist team.
- As an exceptional communicator, you'll be formulating ideas and communicating these clearly to clients as well as demonstrating your well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You'll thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.