|Job Title:||Senior Wind Technician Role|
|Location:||UK - Scotland - North East|
|Salary:||£30-35,000 + van|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
A global manufacturer of wind turbines in the small to medium distributed market requires a Senior Wind Turbine Technician to maintain its fleet of sites across Scotland.
They are a small, dynamic firm expanding out of a strong global company.
They are looking to bring maintenance in-house for the first time so this is a great opportunity to take on responsibility to make a real difference.
- To lead the maintenance of fleet of turbines across Scotland.
- This is a full time role and will be based with one other colleague at a new workshop to be set up in the highlands team.
- You should be willing to travel regularly to sites, so need a full driving license, and willing to work flexibly outside of normal hours.
- To organise maintenance logistics, including:
- Plan scheduled maintenance work and statutory inspections
- Manage stock and order spares and repairs
- Manage tools and lifting gear
- Write risk assessments and method statements
- Maintain health and safety records, including PPE and training
- First principles relating to the operation and maintenance of wind turbines
- Maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures
- Relevant health, safety and environmental standards and regulations
- The relevant engineering theories and principles relative to your trade, whether mechanical, hydraulic or electrical
- Maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and ICT systems, with formal qualification in at least one of these areas, and in-depth experience of working across at least 2 of them.
- Maintenance of mid-size or large turbines, with at least 2 years’ experience.
- The ability to read and understand technical documentation and follow defined instructions
- The ability to climb towers and work at heights with a high level of physical fitness
- The ability to use MS Office and wind turbine SCADA systems
- It is an advantage to have experience of wind turbine installation and commissioning, high voltage electrics, or other electrical equipment commissioning
- Planning and organising
- Health and safety conscious
- Quality focused
- Ability to work well with others, including colleagues and customers
- Critical reasoning, to diagnose and solve problems
- Risk awareness
- Thorough record keeping
- Continuous improvement
- Wind Technician Medium Wind- North Scotland