|Job Title:||SHEQ Advisor|
|Location:||UK - England - North East England, Tyne & Wear|
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Key Roles and responsibilities
• writing internal health and safety assessment
• drawing-up safe operational procedures
• undertaking risk assessments, identifying potential hazards, determining ways of reducing risks
• planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
• keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current environmental, health and safety legislation
• ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
• writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
• providing health and safety, quality and environmental management training courses for employees and managers
• investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
• making recommendations following accidents/incidents
• liaising with relevant authorities
• organising/attending health and safety meetings
• making regular site inspections
• keeping up to date with developments within the profession
• making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
• Liaison with clients and enforcement authorities
Qualifications and experience required
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equiv.) in Occupational Safety and Health.
• Recognised professional qualification in Environmental Management (e.g. IEMA, NEBOSH)
• Chartered Member or working towards corporate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health - CMIOSH.
• You must have thorough experience of managing ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
• You must also have at least two years' professional experience.
How to Apply
If you have the correct knowledge and experience for this role please contact Dylan Hawkens on +44 (0) 1202 888986 or click the link below to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application.