|Job Title:||SHEQ Manager|
|Salary:||£38000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Dickinson|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Position: SHEQ Manager
Salary: £38,000 (DOE) plus benefits
I am currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Manager to join my client who are one of the largest waste management companies in the South to take charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of our business.
Reporting to the Compliance Director, the ideal applicant will need to hold a NEBOSH qualification, Environmental Management systems qualifications and IOSH or CMIOSH status.
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities, (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the company and site SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Advise line management and assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ related legislation, rules and company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of company and contractors sites.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate fully accidents and ensure all documentation is accurate and updated.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ communication strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Full completion of duties of CDM coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditation's and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Monitors the site 'permit to work' system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Acts as Site 'Dangerous Goods' Safety Advisor (DGSA).
The Successful candidate will have:
- At least 3 years' experience in a SHEQ management role in a similar industry with Line Management Experience.
- A NEBOSH certificate as a minimum.
- Experience of managing, coaching and improving all areas of health and safety.
- Experience of BSI ISO 9001, 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 standard.
To apply please upload your CV below and contact Gemma Dickinson
We look forward to receiving your application.