Our client is looking for a Shift Technician to join the team located in West London, on a continental shift basis. The successful candidate will carry out planned and reactive electrical maintenance tasks across the site.
- Provide a skilled reactive maintenance service for electrical plant and services to appropriate industry standards.
- Undertake planned maintenance, periodic checks and routine inspections of equipment in conjunction with a maintenance schedule.
- Respond to customer requests in compliance with agreed service levels.
- Provide updates to internal and external clients, using written and verbal communication.
- To support other facilities teams where required to meet ensure a good quality and timely level of service for the overall FM team.
- Maintain up to date records in support of site maintenance where required.
- Ensure that HSSE (health, safety, security and environmental) policies and requirements (technical and control of work) are adhered to and promote a positive culture within the team.
- Ensure own PPE and tooling is kept safe, secure and in good condition.
- Work closely with sub-contractors to ensure agreed service and safety standards are met.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvements to service and HSSE standards, and cost saving measures.
- Provide the Electrical Team Leader with operational updates and support where required.
- Undertake training to become a site Electrically Competent Person and Authorised Person (AP) for electrical related works.
- Any reasonable request in support of the team.
- City and Guilds or equivalent electrical qualification in designated trade.
- City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition IEE Regs (BS 7671:2008 incorp amendment 3:2015)
- City & Guilds 2392 Inspection & Testing preferred
- Proven experience of technical maintenance in a building services environment.
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues, able to interpret and implement policy, regulations and legislation at operational level.
- Experience of working with email and Microsoft Word.
- Able to manage a wide variety of jobs on a daily basis.
- Experience of working under pressure.
- Customer service skills.
- Reliable and conscientious worker willing to learn and develop new skills and adapt to new working environments.
- Ability to prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines