Site & Land Rights Manager - London
Our client, a world leader in Offshore Wind Power, is currently recruiting for a Site & Land Rights Manager to join their market leading team.
The role is responsible for the management of appointed land agents to secure options, easements, leases and freeholds for substations, cables, offices, warehousing and other real estate assets using both voluntary and compulsory purchase frameworks.
You will take on complex and high value negotiations directly and work on securing cable and pipeline crossing agreements both offshore and onshore.
Working across a number of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, the successful applicant will be in close collaboration with colleagues in the commercial, consents and engineering teams.
They will also be responsible for resolving real estate issues during project construction and ongoing operation, and supporting the farm down of the asset.
- Leading the acquisition of rights for the projects, e.g. onshore and offshore cable routing, onshore substation footprint, construction compounds, harbours. You will be responsible for managing the appointed land agents.
- Negotiating and securing of crossing agreements with owners of cables, pipelines and other utilities.
- Advising on the application for, and use of, compulsory acquisition powers (either through CPO or DCO).
- Managing the real estate CPO and DCO work streams, including completing objector agreements and resolving compensation claims.
- Ensuring that costs are incurred in an economic and efficient manner.
- Communicating technical property and real estate issues to colleagues from different professions.
- Ensuring compliance with commercial conditions and agreements in the pre-construction, construction and operational phases of the projects.
- Preparing and monitoring land acquisition budgets.
- Maintaining accurate entries in the real estate database.
- Supporting joint venture and other M&A activities.
- Supporting and deputising for the Team Lead as required.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- A sound understanding of the approach taken to secure and manage infrastructure property rights.
- Chartered Commercial or Rural Surveyor (MRICS)
- A project management qualification such as CAPM or PMP.
- 4 years+ real estate/commercial negotiation experience in infrastructure sector.
- 2 years+ experience of managing outsourced agents
- Experience of working for a developer on infrastructure projects (e.g. cables, pipelines, telecoms, road or railway schemes).
Experience of working:
- for an Acquiring Authority (in house or as a supplier) in compulsory purchase/DCO scenarios
- on the negotiation of crossing and proximity agreements with oil and gas asset owners
- in a corporate environment where real estate is not a primary function
- in multidisciplinary teams acting as real estate subject matter expert
Skills & Aptitudes:
- Proven ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible and adaptable to new tasks
- Able to create consensus
- Driven to achieve results
- Can work and deliver to tight deadlines
- Intermediate level MS Office skills
- Able to communicate complex issue