Allen and York is looking to hire a site manager for one of our clients who employ a diverse multinational team of staff and the company culture is embodied by a low staff turnover, high staff engagement and loyalty with all staff eligible for inclusion in the highly attractive company bonus scheme.
Basis for Requirement:
- The IWMC flagship site in the eastern province of Saudi Arabia has developed to a level where it needs a stand alone senior manager to run the operation. This is a fully functional award winning plant.
- The roles have a lot of growth potential as we build more plants and regional site management roles will develop. These positions will ideally be filled by people who have previous experience as site managers.
The role of the site managers would be management and oversight of our flagship IWMC facilities. These are the facilities that we won a global sustainability award for.
They are the only hazardous waste treatment and recycle systems that fully integrate waste assessment and segregation, primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary treatment for mixed industrial wastes. It is a very unique technological, engineering and operations space.
- Understanding of process engineering, HAZMAT, Corrective and preventative maintenance, system development and management of technical operations.
- Strong inter- personal communication skills and inter-cultural management capability/experience
- Able to articulate complicated concepts both verbally and written
- Level of English must be completely fluent written and spoken
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with resolving technical and management issues by developing systems (either documented or operational systems)
- Ability to train/teach technical concepts to those reporting to them
- Proactive management approach
- Overall site management and oversight including Operations& Logistics, Process team, maintenance team, laboratory team and Finance/HR/ Admin team etc.
- Site troubleshooting to ensure smooth operation of the process plant and site operations
- HAZMAT Management - oversight of receipt of all complex materials and management of correct treatment/recycle methodology. Management of documentation control and associated lab analysis to manage correct data supply to process plant.
- Operations Management - Oversight of material transport incoming, onsite and outgoing. Control of operations team and training.
- Process Management - Plant operations management. Plant optimization and troubleshooting on processes and equipment.
- Maintenance Management - Management of corrective and preventative maintenance of plant and site assets.
- Finance/HR/Admin - Oversight of financial controls, HR management including hiring and personnel management, administration and document oversight for site operations, intracompany communication and regulatory reporting.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high caliber professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.