Due to sustained growth this award winning national metal recycling and waste management company are looking for an experienced Site Manager to lead their West Midlands based team.
This position requires strong leadership skills and a 'hands-on' approach. Successful candidates will be problem solvers, mentors, excellent communicators and have strong commercial focus.
· Manage the day to day operations of the end-of-life metal recycling processes, including depollution, cat removal, wheel removal, 360deg crane operations and baling.
· Ensure the maintenance of all plant and equipment.
· Arrange training and guidance for workforce.
· Ensure quality standards are achieved and adhered to.
· Ensure that documented procedures are maintained and followed.
· Participate in ongoing managerial training.
· Ensure agreed productivity targets are met / exceeded.
· Build strong relationships and communication channels with other key departments
· Be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective operational plan that will incorporate the efficient use of all resources.
· Conducting and completing employee's annual reviews.
· Ensure high levels of environmental, health and safety standards.
Skills & Experience
· Previous experience of leading operational teams.
· Experience working in end of life vehicle operations, or similar mechanical environment.
· Knowledge and delivery of relevant Environmental, Health & Safety legislation and policy.
· Experience of operating a 360 excavator with 5-tine grab attachment and FLT licence (advantage).
· Proven track-record of meeting challenging business targets.
· Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills.
· High standards of delivery and customer service.
· Team work and flexibility.
· Strong written and communication skills.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.