We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Project Manager to join our Client, a global leading software company, in Cambridge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering new product and a range of enhancements across one product area of our modular SaaS EHS Sustainability product. This will be sold into an impressive array of multi-national corporations including many high-street brands.
- Work side by side in a cross-functional development team to communicate the vision, write user stories with acceptance criteria and steer their work.
- Communicate with various stakeholders and have input on the visual design for new functionality.
- Be part of the usual agile ceremonies; sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Understand client requirements and business goals. Collect feedback from users.
- Act as a sounding board for new product requests, offer advice on possible approaches and check feasibility.
- Own and prioritise the product backlog. Provide sufficient details for the development team to work on the feature. Prepare user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate sprint planning.
- Create directly and/or feedback on mock-ups for new user interfaces.
- Participate in end-of-sprint demos to communicate to internal stakeholders the output of each sprint.
- Assist in communicating changes to the product internally and externally.
- Assisting in preparing and running internal knowledge sharing training sessions on your product area.
- Work as part of the Product Team, collaborating with Product Managers, other Product Owners and Product Architects on overlapping product features and cross platform technology enablers.
Essential Qualifications / Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree (1, 2.1 or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience with large scale software systems, either in product, delivery, business analysis.
- Technical background with a proven ability to understand and translate complex software problems into user-centric solutions.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and spoken.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as Product Owner.
- Certification in or proven experience of an Enterprise Agile Framework such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience using agile planning tools, such as Rally / JIRA.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Mark Doherty at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.