|Job Title:||Solar O&M Delivery Manager|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
O&M Delivery Manager
Our Client is a leading developer of global renewable energy projects require a Solar O&M Delivery Manager. This solar O&M service shall be provided to our current portfolio and be competitive for 3rd party sites.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Solar O&M contracts, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems.
The key objectives are to maximise the production from client assets, increase maintenance efficiency and achieve a high level of safety performance.
• The business currently asset manages a solar portfolio of ~150MW with a number of different O&M contractors.
• The business is developing a solar O&M service that shall monitor, maintain and enhance the asset.
• Delivering the Solar O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements
• Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer's requirements and good industry practice
• Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
• Writing and reviewing permits and maintenance procedures
• Day-to-day management of a team of solar PV technicians, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time
• Stock management and procurement of materials
• Managing supplier relationships and equipment warranties
• Liaising with external stakeholders such as DNO and landowners
• Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
• Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
• Analysis of maintenance KPIs and implementing strategies to improve these
• Providing updates to clients and providing information for contractual reporting
• Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
• Playing a key part in adopting new sites into the maintenance systems
• Implementing and maintaining a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other quality management tools as necessary
• The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer with experience planning maintenance on MW-scale solar plants.
• Strong candidates will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
• This is a permanent role and will require availability for some weekend on-call duties. Although primarily office based, regular travel to operational sites will also be required. A company vehicle allowance, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided.
• Knowledge of PV systems, components and their maintenance requirements
• Electrical knowledge, including HV, DC and communication networks
• Knowledge of safety requirements for carrying out maintenance on high voltage generating plant
• Strong approach to safe working practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple activities whilst ensuring safety and quality are maintained
• Ability to identify problems, conduct analysis and develop solutions
• Able to accurately plan maintenance work including labour, materials and skills required to carry out an intervention
• Experience of working with operational MW-scale PV systems
• Experience of maintenance planning in solar or power industry
• Desirable experience working with CMMS software
• Experience working with SCADA and plant monitoring software
• Experience managing work on high voltage systems
• UK driving licence
• Degree in engineering or other relevant qualification, or equivalent industry experience
• Safety qualifications such as IOSH managing safely or equivalent
• Electrical qualifications