|Job Title:||Solar Project Developer|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£33000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Car|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our Client has grown out of a public sector group in this location and is now structured into 3 distinct business units which include Waste Solutions, Renewables and Heat Solutions.
Their turnover is £12m and employs circa 40 staff and they are looking for a Solar Project Developer to join their team.
The main responsibility of the role is to provide professional planning input into each stage of the solar farm development process.
- To undertake site assessments to establish solar development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations.
- To undertake pre-application discussions with LPAs, and where relevant manage pre- application assessments.
- To manage the timely submission of planning applications and supporting statements.
- Where appropriate, to co-ordinate the preparation and submission of Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications, including managing specialist consultancy input into the environmental statement.
- To engage early with the public and Councillors, co-ordinating and attending public consultation meetings about planning issues.
- To liaise with team members and wider professionals involved in the planning process, such as lawyers and engineers.
- To keep abreast of legislation, regulations and government guidance, and input into the business planning process where appropriate.
- Where necessary, to provide planning advice in respect of other areas of the business (waste, heat and wider energy development
- Procure and manage relevant expert input into the planning process as required.
- Direct responsibility for financial resources and / or physical assets
- Budget associated with the procurement of relevant expertise and LPA planning fees.
- Preferred, membership (or eligibility) for the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Relevant undergraduate and post graduate qualifications.
- Experience of managing the planning process for large scale solar projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of organisations, disciplines and bodies.
- The ability to engage positively with local communities.
- A commercially focussed approach and understanding of company objectives.
- Excellent project management and research skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and across the Energy Solutions team and wider company.
- Ability to work on a number of different problems at once.
- Hearing/Inquiry experience.
- Wider renewable energy project experience.
- Experience within, or working with, public sector organisations
- Recommendations on potential development sites.
- Recommendations on planning strategies for live projects
- Flexibility to meet the varying demands of the role
- Works autonomously in a pressured environment
- Ability to adapt style and tone of communication to meet the needs of each stakeholder
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to foster partnerships, work collaboratively across boundaries, and achieve performance and results through others
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills ability to recommend pragmatic solutions
- Ability to lead and manage a team to deliver desired outputs
- Scoping and planning of projects
- Development of project management processes and procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances
- Strong teamwork: ability to work closely with colleagues to ensure the provision of a seamless service, jointly planning and sharing workload and supporting other team members to ensure the project outputs are met
- Presenting regular reporting, strategic, progress and programme meetings, data collection, presenting information and project specific work to range of stakeholders
For further information please contact Sally Woods
We look forward to receiving your application