Our Client is a renewable energy engineering service provider who have recently secured multiple Operations & Maintenance contracts on large scale ground mount and roof top solar PV facilities (approx. 50MWp in total). These facilities are spread around the UK and are all serviced by regional Service Technicians. The O&M Manager will manage the day-to-day activities of these Service Technicians ensuring O&M contract compliance, standardizing O&M systems and tools, act as the single point of contact for the clients for communications and reporting, install efficient and effective budget management and procurement systems to maximize company returns and provide a technical support service and holiday/absence cover to the Service Technicians. This role will also involve developing the Energy Solar O&M business along with the Head of Energy. This may involve preparation & contribution towards promotional exhibitions and sales pitches with the aim of growing this division of the company.
Currently looking to recruit an individual who is looking to step up from an existing multi-site service technician level and progress in a young and growing company. Ideally they would have experience of large scale solar PV systems and their operation & maintenance. Have managed multiple sites before with an awareness for the various PV related technologies and product suppliers. This individual needs to be able to manage multiple service technicians at various competency levels around the UK and ensure that they are all given suitable training and support to bring them up to a desired level of competency. They need to be reliable, self-motivated and organised and be able to work from their home base or on the road in a remote fashion.
- Electrically qualified (17th Edition / C&G Inspection & Testing)
- Experience of large scale solar PV construction or O&M
- Able to fault find and diagnose issues on electrical and instrumentation systems
- Competent in using Microsoft office software (word/excel etc) Reporting/Systems
- Perfect communication skills
- Able to work remotely and travel to various sites to react to events
- Holds clean UK driving licence and has own transport (Van provision is an option)
- Holds a valid passport (travel outside the UK may be required for training)
- HV / SAP / AP Qualified
- Experience in Data monitoring systems
- Ethernet & Fibre-optic Communications
- Has worked with inverters before (Centralised & Decentralised)
- High Voltage experience (HV Operational Safety/SAP/AP)
- Experience of telecommunication and CCTV systems
- Able to develop and grow the O&M business (new contracts, sub-contractor knowledge, improve methods etc)
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.