The role will work as part of a team to configure our software for the customer, from project start up through to acceptance testing and training of the customer's end users. This role will focus on the more technical elements of the Implementation which will require working knowledge of SQL and authoring of data collection forms using XML.
Each Consultant also participates in a support roster to provide an on-going query resolution service to our customers throughout the complete lifecycle of the relationship.
KEY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
- Lead the client through the Implementation lifecycle from initial scoping to go live.
- Advise and assist the client in preparing deliverables for the build phase of the implementation.
- Configure the system as per the defined requirements using the system user interface
- Liaison with developers for advanced configuration and development of the system
- Provide regular progress updates to the Project Manager
- To build custom forms using XML/SQL build scripts (prior experience not essential)
- Consultancy and support
- Provide support to existing clients including report generation at critical times of the year
- Support developers when working on specific work packages as part of an implementation the consultant is involved with
- Attend customer meetings and calls as and when required as part of the system implementation, ensuring a professional image at all times
- Provide training to clients on existing functionality
- Draft training documentation both generically for the system and for client-specific purposes.
Minimum commercial experience of 2 years. Experience in software implementation and the field of Sustainability (both management and reporting) is a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- A high level of numeracy
- Native Mandarin Proficiency
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with web-based applications
- Ability to learn new software applications rapidly
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills as this is a customer-facing role
- Some knowledge of relational databases or technical experience is highly desirable (in particular SQL & XML)
- Previous experience in a customer facing role within a private sector company environment
- Approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way
- Consistently high quality of work and demonstrates strong professional standards
- Results-focused, understanding what is important to customers and committed to achieving goals.
- Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and personal organisation
- Strong communication skills - handles customer situations with thought and confidence
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Self-motivated, recognises own strengths and weaknesses, and is committed to personal development
- Comfortable with technical terminology.
Submit your CV to Mark Doherty at Allen and York to be considered for this opportunity. If you would like more information about this and other EHS SaaS positions that are currently available then call 01202 888 986 Ext. 292.