This role is York base.
Applications from other locations will be also considered
Are you looking for career progression? This is the opportunity to work with one of the global leading companies in rail in their offices located in York. Our client is constantly providing innovative solutions for the industry. Therefore, you will be working with the latest technology in the market, besides having opportunity to demonstrate your skills in design.
You will responsible for:
- Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) and lead the Fixed Telecoms project engineering team to deliver engineering tasks in system development and implementation, including sub-contractors where applicable.
- Occasionally undertake the role of Person In Charge Of Testing (PICOT) on Fixed Telecoms Projects.
- Responsible for technical lead in safety related system design and implementation within project engineering.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecoms engineering team tasks including resources and equipment in order to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent status.
- IRSE License in relevant category (e.g. Telecoms Design or Project Engineer categories)
- Proven experience in CRE role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
- Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Strong knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for genuine career progression within a company who strongly believes in the career development of their employees. Do you match the role description? Don't miss out the opportunity, send over your CV
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + great benefits.