|Job Title:||Statistical Specialist - Renewable Energy|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading Renewable Energy company.
They are currently looking to appoint a Statistics Specialist (SS) to join their Technical department.
The SS has responsibility for operating and maintaining a 'centre of excellence' in statistical analysis; managing the statistical workload and determining priorities to best meet the needs of customers in all markets.
The SS also has responsibility for providing support to colleagues throughout the business, as necessary, and maintaining & developing software, techniques and procedures to solve statistical problems, whilst ensuring that they are lean and fit for purpose.
Furthermore, the SS is responsible for ensuring high quality/best practice is maintained in all statistical tasks and that task delivery is aligned with project budgets/programmes, as well as for liaison with others in both the organisation and the wider wind/statistics industry.
- New and routine statistical analysis and assessment in all markets
- Time series modelling of wind resource, for grid and other constraints, in some markets
- Continuous improvement of technical processes within the statistical team
- Developing relationships both internal and external, and maintaining a high level of knowledge in all areas of activity of the Technical team
- Developing a 'data science' capability
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and statistical analysis is essential for this role
- In addition, applicants must be advanced users of Microsoft Office and R/Python and VBA
- Applicants should also have considerable experience of applying statistical knowledge to solving real-world problems and experience working with external third parties
- A degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science or related discipline or equivalent level of professional experience would also be highly advantageous
+44 (0)1202 888 986 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.allen-york.com