This is an exciting opportunity to join a well know, respected organisation at a very exciting time. The energy sector faces new challenges, including responding to low carbon legislation, use of sustainable materials, ensuring a diverse and secure supply, and managing and updating the current infrastructure. My client works with energy companies to help extend life and improve efficiency of existing plants, develop an intelligent grid system and respond to the challenge of simultaneously managing climate change and affordability.
Trusted by DEFRA, NERC and the Environment Agency to lead UK air quality monitoring networks and provide traceable measurements for climate change models. My client's capability in environmental monitoring is world leading, from GHG and stack emissions, to noise and radioactive particle monitoring. They can provide the highly accurate measurements required for a range of environmental impacts.
The Strategic Sales Manager will be required to grow sales of existing products and services in both sectors against set targets. Develop, implement and own strategies and plans to meet this objective, meet sector growth targets and provide sector expertise and foresight through customer & stakeholder engagement.
- Lead and manage the relationship between customers, the sales team and the operational business to collectively identify commercial opportunities and targets.
- Build key external networks to understand and inform the emerging sector requirements for the strategic development of the organisation
- Build and use internal and external networks, identify key partners for opportunities in your sector to develop and execute bespoke partnership models for own strategic customer accounts
- Lead the development and execution of your sector development strategy and the associated annual tactical plans, including a healthy funnel of opportunities to generate commercial income
- Deliver the sector development plan and personally lead and close high value strategic initiatives, including prospecting, market shaping, tactical plans, bid teams and commercial negotiation to achieve sales and revenue targets.
- Deliver sales of existing products and services (Training, Consultancy, Measurement Services and Instrumentation) to achieve the business plan and maintain long term growth of revenue
- Champion the development of commercial opportunities and sector strategies and ensure these are taken through the appropriate bid governance process
Key skills and Experience
- Proven strategic sales track record.
- Strong scientific and Energy/Environment sector awareness in order to interface and manage external and internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional project and account management - must show leadership potential.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels across multiple products/services
- Degree in a relevant area (physics or engineering etc)
- Self Starter, quick thinker, highly motivated
On offer is a fantastic salary with great bonus potential.