|Job Title:||Strategy Analyst - Renewable Energy|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leading Renewable Energy company.
There are currently seeking to recruit a Strategy Analyst to join their Strategy and Economics team.
The primary focus of the role will be to manage and shape the global strategy of the Group, developing evidence based arguments and translating these into a high quality and concise dialogue. The position will also take a lead on ensuring the business cases for investment opportunities are consistent, accurate and based on an informed risk profile.
- Shape the strategic agenda and develop compelling arguments, translating these into a high quality dialogue with the business and presentations for a Senior Executive audience.
- Provide leadership with an independent, integrated perspective of the internal and external market place of topics or projects you are responsible for, facilitating informed challenge and discussions.
- Ensure competitive strategy is at the heart of the company by implementing world-class standards for rigorous planning and sound decision-making.
Support the Group Business Development Director
- Perform due diligence and feasibility studies for new business activities & acquisition opportunities (focused on understanding the political, economic and commercial risks), with the ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Ensure business cases for new business streams are consistent, accurate and decisions on investment are made on the best information via a co-ordinated set of metrics, assumptions and outputs.
- Develop and improve financial models to be utilised in the evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Use exceptional business and communication skills to translate insights into action.
Support the Commercial Director
- Providing strategic and commercial support to regional Commercial Teams and Investment Committees when required.
- Maintain and challenge the strategic and commercial assumptions used in investment cases and business plans.
- Ensure company knowledge base of possible routes to market (both financial and structural) is informed and structured.
- Electricity markets functionality
- Power generation dynamics
- Project finance modelling
- Renewable energy policy and business nexus
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and think creatively
- Experience of developing pitches and thinking through proposals either through consulting sales or by demonstrating commercial acumen in industry roles for example to increase scope of work / identify new revenue streams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to tight timescales and to balance this with an understanding of the bigger picture
- Advanced Excel skills for financial modelling & forecasting is essential
- Board level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
- Team player with the intellectual rigor, attention to detail and experience in project management
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics, ideally at Masters level or equivalent