Structural Engineer - Water
I am looking for a Structural Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience to join a Water, Energy and T&D Structures Team for a major global Consultancy.
The Water, Energy and T&D team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We are a design team supporting one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe, Thames Tideway, and have developed structural solutions for some of the largest Sewage Treatment Works in Europe using innovative precast solutions.
Overview of Role:
The role will require the production of design calculations and preparation and review of drawings at all stages of a project, from feasibility through to site completion. Other responsibilities will include project and team administration duties, producing project related correspondence and reports, working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision, and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
* Relevant engineering degree and related engineering background, Structural Engineering preferred.
* Working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer MIStructE or MICE
* Structural design of heavy civil engineering structures from feasibility to site completion.
* Design of reinforced concrete structures for water retaining applications is preferred.
* Design of steelwork structures for industrial applications.
* Good understanding of soil/structure interaction effects,
* Good understanding of Finite Element Analysis of reinforced concrete structures and capability with ROBOT, MasterSeries, TEDDS software or similar
* Fully conversant with current structural Eurocodes (EC 0-3)
* UK Water Industry experience
* Good motivation, influencing and people management skills